Friday, January 28, 2011

1st Tole Painting 1986

In 1986, I was living in beautiful small town called Andrews.  At the time,  there wasn't a lot of businesses around. But it so happen, during this year, that a retired doctor and his wife moved to the area and opened up a really nice Art store. The wife was a certified Priscilla Hauser folk art teacher. She had a ad in the news paper, offering tole painting classes, so I jumped at the opportunity to become one of her very first students in town. Below is one of those tole paintings taught.  After completing tole classes several months later, this teacher offered me a job assisting her with a larger group of students.  I was so overwhelmed with joy, at this idea. Of course I took her up on it.  So the day had finally came and opened a door for me to show my art passion to the world.  Being I was only in my early 20's and was newly married with my first child, the opportunity couldn't have came at a better time.  Over the next several years, I did many orders, and sold lots of art pieces.  That wonder family later had some health issues and the family moved away.   I learned so much, just by taking tole or folk art classes. So, if you ever want to learn some easy painting techniques, I would recommend this to any age who is just getting started in painting.  If you have a question on tole painting or would like to know were you can find classes, please feel free to ask. Thanks
1st Tole Oil Painting
Pears 1986

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner